We have prepared a small bonus for the research projects booked from November 24 to January 31. Read more about it below.
As some of you may be well aware, genealogy research is often an extensive and time-consuming endeavor. Many of you have been doing this for years, and you know there is still more to discover. You have been trying to move forward, but you came across a barrier like a foreign language, or you hit some other “brick wall.”
Or you might be just starting. You are aware that your forefathers emigrated from somewhere in central Europe but know very little about your ancestry and wondering where to begin.
Based on more than a decade of individual and team experience of performing thousands of genealogy projects, we are here to assist in your family discovery journey. We can give you a head start or try to help you overcome the obstacles you have encountered.
Our team consists of experienced professional genealogy researchers, guides, and research managers. We are a strong team bonded by years of common experience. We are based in central and eastern Europe, and we do research in the land and among people which we have known since childhood. We are practitioners, and we are insiders.
For those who would like to see their ancestor’s land but for various reasons cannot visit Poland, we offer Genealogy Virtual Tours. Our best genealogist will visit every village connected to your family history and collect all the remaining signs that your ancestors were there.
How it works
- Contact us to explain your needs. Fill out the Genealogy Research Request form. Be also prepared to share files that may help further research or add links, like family trees with online access.
- We will contact you within 7 days. It is free of charge up to this stage. In the email, we may have questions to verify and learn more about your ancestry and research goals. When we have what we need, you will receive an offer with details about the research’s possible direction and scope, including its cost. We will be waiting for your decision for 30 days.
- After receiving the payment, we will start the research. It may take a while. However, you will be informed about the whole process on a regular basis. After the research, you will receive a full report containing a list of discovered ancestors (cousins), photographs of documents (if there is no restriction on the archives side), and other important details. We will also inform you if there is a possibility of the continuation of the research. If you had any specific wishes like adding a historical background of your ancestors’ place, including all the found details in your family tree, or taking photographs and videos of your family land, just let us know in the request form or in your email. Here you will find an example of a Research Report enriched with historical background.
What we offer
Analysis of your documents. We check what you have discovered so far, analyze your research goals, and inform you about the possibility of conducting a project for you. This stage is free of charge.
Basic Research. It contains 10 hours of genealogists’ work. Depending on the availability of sources, it may provide more documents as well as some historical background. This stage is completed with a Research Report. The Basic Research cost is 2500 Polish zlotys plus the cost of visiting archives or parishes if needed.
Standard Research. This option contains 20 hours of genealogists’ work. Again, the results of the research will be specified in the Research Report.
The price of the Basic and Standard options, in addition to the time of work of genealogists, may include the cost of getting the records and travel to archives. You will know the total cost before you place an order for research. The basic research stage’s minimum entry cost (if there are no other costs necessary to cover) is 2500 Polish zlotys (see the current exchange rate to the USD).
Advanced Research. If you are aware that your family search project requires a lot of time and expertise or you just need as comprehensive results as it is possible, this is the option you should consider. Based on your project requirements, we will check what is possible to achieve and will discuss details of the project scope individually.
Costs of each level of service consist of a research manager’s and genealogists’ work time plus actual costs of traveling to given archives and getting access to records. You will receive a detailed cost for your project before you commit to anything.
How long it may take
Even though we declare a certain amount of hours that we spend on your project, the report may be sent weeks or even months after ordering our services. Why is that? Because usually, getting this kind of information takes time: ordering copies of documents from archives or parishes, scheduling visits in parishes may take a while, and we don’t always have an influence on that. But you can be sure that we will be in touch regularly to inform you about the work progress.
If you would like to learn some basics of Polish genealogy on your own, have a look at our Polish Genealogy Academy.
We have prepared a special bonus from PolishOrigins: starting from today (November 24), until the end of January 2021, for all ordered research projects. In addition to the report, we will also prepare an ancestor’s tree for you in the form of graphics.
Before filling out the Research Request, read some additional notes from us:
- As always, we consider all research projects individually. Not all of them will allow us to create such a detailed tree – we will discuss specific cases in further communication.
- We will do our best to send you these materials before the holidays, but this will not always be possible – we must first check the availability of documents for your area of search and the institutions’ availability in the current, constantly changing situation. We will inform you about the estimated time of project realization.
- We encourage you to send us the photos of your ancestors, your favorite quotes, or text to be included in the template. If you do not have your materials, we will find some that will suit your tree (it might be a photo of the parish, a fragment of the map, or one of the documents related to your family).